Saturday, December 23, 2017

Tamra Judge On Getting A Facelift Before She Turned 50


Refinery29.com:
Tamra Judge is a cast member on Bravo's The Real Housewives of Orange County, which just finished its 12th season. After filming wrapped and ahead of her 50th birthday, she got a lower facelift — then shared the news on Watch What Happens Live with Andy Cohen and the Real Housewives reunion episode. Below, in her own words, Tamra tells us why she thinks it's important to be open about getting plastic surgery, especially when you're in the public eye. 
 
As told to Alix Tunell and edited for length and clarity.
In Hollywood and on TV, no one wants to talk about the work they've had done. It's like, come on, let's be realistic. You have younger people looking at you, wondering how you look good and what you're doing... Saying, 'Oh, nothing' is false advertising. I'm okay to let someone know I didn’t like the way something looked, so I fixed it. The truth doesn’t hurt me.
When I did my fitness competition last year, I really brought my body fat down. I'm a lot leaner than I used to be and that shows on your face as you start to get older. I started to see a huge difference at 48 — that’s when I felt like my face started to fall. And of course, being on TV definitely puts a little extra pressure on you.
So about five months ago before I turned 50, I went to [plastic surgeon] Dr. Milind Ambe's office to discuss my options. I had no intention of getting a facelift because I thought I was way too young, but one of the girls who worked for him mentioned she'd just done a lower facelift and we're the same age. She looked so good and refreshed, not pulled or anything, and I was like, 'I want that.'
 
Dr. Ambe had actually done my mom's facelift a decade ago on the show and some other former cast members, so I knew his work was really good and natural-looking. He said I was doing it at the perfect age actually, because when you get it done in your 50s or 60s, it can be a very drastic change. It was super-scary, but I just put my trust in him.

No comments:

Post a Comment