Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Kelly Dodd Reveals Why She Stayed in Her Unhappy Marriage for So Long


People.com:
Kelly Dodd made headlines in September when she announced she and her husband Michael Dodd were calling it quits. But five months prior to making it official, the 42-year-old reality star revealed to the Real Housewives of Orange County cameras that she was seriously contemplating ending her marriage.

On Monday’s episode, which was filmed in April, Kelly found herself comparing her dysfunctional relationship to her parents’ marriage.

“My mom got married when she was 18 years old. My dad was 27 and they got pregnant right away and had a horrible, horrible marriage,” Kelly said. “My mom and dad were married over 30 years and got divorced when I was 25 years old, but they should have split when I was 10. My mom and dad were very Catholic and they wanted a family unit. They didn’t want to split us up.”

“Growing up I watched my parents fight so much that I wished they would get divorced,” Kelly added, thinking about her 10-year-old daughter, Jolie. “Michael and I, we fight a lot in front of Jolie. I thought keeping the marriage together for Jolie would be right for her because I didn’t want to see her flip back and forth. But it might be okay for Jolie to have a happy mom and a happy dad. I don’t know.”

Later, Kelly noted that her parents still have a hard time being around one another all these years later.

“She holds in so much animosity,” Kelly said of her mother. “It’s hard to have them both in the same room, and I’m afraid that Jolie’s going to feel the same way about Michael and I.”

“I see a lot of similarities between there marriage and my marriage and it scares me to death that things are repeating themselves,” Kelly continued. “I just don’t know what to do.”
RELATED: RHOC' Star Kelly Dodd Unloads Oceanside Home ... And Husband

No comments:

Post a Comment