Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Karen Huger Feels ‘Empowered’ After Surviving Sexual Assault


PageSix.com:
“Real Housewives of Potomac” star Karen Huger is opening up publicly for the first time about being date-raped at the age of 19.

“I was raped almost 35 years ago,” Huger revealed to Page Six, and she is now fighting against what she calls an “alarming” suicide rate among sexual assault victims.

“The fact that I survived is part of my reality and I’m hoping that message resonates with the viewers,” she said.

In what she describes as  “a typical date that went totally off the rails,” the mom of two, now 54, isn’t hiding what happened to her, she’s vocalizing it on national television — with a purpose.

“I am put in a very wonderful position to show that when adversity comes your way it doesn’t stop you, it can propel you,” she said of her platform as a Bravo fixture. “It is my responsibility to be real. I have no shame and I carry no burden because of what happened.”

However, the name of her attacker is something she chooses not to disclose.

“I will never reveal his name, he has passed on,” she explained. “[But] I can say he was a public figure.”
RELATED:  Who Is Karen Huger’s Son Brandon, 27, on Real Housewives of Potomac?

No comments:

Post a Comment