Friday, March 17, 2017

Stephanie Hollman On Why She Went to Therapy After Joining 'Real Housewives of Dallas'


FOXNews.com:
Stephanie Hollman had no idea she would need what she called “Jesus juice” to survive her first year as a Real Housewife.

The married mother of two joined “The Real Housewives of Dallas” in 2016 where audiences got to witness why the drama seems to always be bigger in Texas. And while Hollman is best recognized as the soft-spoken “girl next door” among the group, she also wasn’t afraid to let loose with the help of best friend, former Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader Brandi Redmond. 

Fox News: How has your life changed since you first appeared on “Real Housewives of Dallas?” Stephanie Hollman: It’s been a really fun experience... I can say I’ve gotten closer with certain people. I think I’m a stronger person and I have more of a voice. I’m very grateful for the experience and with all the blessings of the show, you also have to take the burdens. But those blessings definitely outweigh the burdens.

Fox News: The entire time you were filming, you were also in therapy with your husband. Why did you reach this decision? Hollman: You know, as soon as I decided to go forward with the show, I realized that statistically, it seems like a lot of these marriages [from reality TV] don’t last. And a lot of families become torn apart. I knew it would have been hard on my marriage, and I just wanted to have somebody to make sure the important things in my life were still prioritized. I was in check with my husband because I wanted to make sure that everything that was important to us was still working. I didn’t want to be part of a statistic for reality TV. I felt it’s good to work on the relationship before there’s a problem. And we still do it! I just think if you don’t work on yourself or your marriage, then you can get lost in that reality TV world… and then the show becomes your life. That’s something I definitely didn’t want to have happened in my life or marriage.

Fox News: Has the therapy helped the marriage in any way? Hollman: I think it’s good for it! First of all, I’m a very big advocate for therapy. It’s good to have somebody to talk to and have a safe space where you can say anything you want and have it be a judgmental-free zone. And it’s good to have someone mediate when there is a conflict. For me, it’s always good because sometimes things get so busy that you don’t have those important conversations and when you do, it’s almost too late. There’s so much hurt.
RELATED:  Stephanie Hollman on conquering domestic violence, enjoying holidays with children

No comments:

Post a Comment